Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Vida Mia's NICU Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families’ inspirational story & photos. 
Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
“I'm so thankful the way things have turned out so far. My rainbow princess is doing fantastic! However, it doesn't make things much easier. Even though we were told to expect a preemie since the beginning, we still weren't ready for it, then again who really is. I didn't fully realize how difficult & emotional this whole thing would be. I've held it all together for the most part but there have been a few times where panic & sadness has taken over & I couldn't hold the tears back. The nurses have been beyond amazing one of them even sat with me in the middle of night just to keep me company while I cried. Another nurse assured me the way I'm feeling is totally normal & every mom with their baby in the NICU is feeling the same way. The day I left the hospital (a week after due to me getting a unexplained fever) was by far the hardest thing ever! Barely able to hold back the tears as I left the hospital with my family but leaving behind our newest addition. Feeling so torn about wanting to spend every minute with her in the NICU but knowing how much my family needs me at home too. All while I'm trying to heal from the pain of having my tiny human cut out of me. I'm constantly trying to remind myself that this isn't forever but it doesn’t help this heartache I'm feeling. I'm so blessed & thankful for my husband who has been so strong & positive knowing deep down he's as scared & sad as me. He held things together at home all while being with baby Vida & me like a champ. I go see my baby at least 2-3 times a day, almost 2 weeks later & it doesn’t get easier when I leave her side. But I leave at ease knowing she has the most amazing Nurses everrr! & is in the best of hands."




Vida Mia’s photo session was taken and donated by Preemie Prints volunteer photographer, Sabrina Vega.



Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 50 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 500 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU photography session that took place near Modesto, CA.

We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.

No comments:

Post a Comment