Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Introducing Isaac ~ 33 Weeker NICU Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families inspirational story & photos. Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
"My husband and I were ecstatic about my pregnancy and the prospect of welcoming our first child into our lives. Up until the birth of our son at 33 weeks, I had not had any complications or signs of distress. I had a routine doctor's appointment at 33 weeks and was given a Non-stress test to check the baby's movement and heart. The doctor felt he was not moving enough and decided to send me to the hospital. At the hospital, I was given an ultrasound where they saw there was very little amniotic fluid. Additionally, my blood pressure had spiked significantly. The doctor decided my baby would be safer out than staying within. I had a an emergency C-section and heard my baby, Isaac, cry for the first time.

Unfortunately, I did not get to see Isaac for hours, but was finally wheeled into the NICU in my hospital bed to meet my little man late into the night. He was born weighing 2.10 lbs but was on room air and did not have any major health concerns. While Isaac was born on a Friday, it was not until Sunday that I was able to hold him in my arms.

That was the most difficult thing to deal with, feeling as if he were all alone and I could not be there with him to comfort him. I have since gotten to know his nurses, and am comforted by the fact that they have loved him and taken care of him from the very beginning. I can also tell Isaac likes his nurses by the way he reacts to their voices! Isaac has now moved up from level 3 to level 2 in the NICU, he is learning how to bottle-feed, and he is gaining weight and getting stronger everyday! We are so thankful for the NICU staff, my doctor who had to make that difficult call, and of course for God for our wonderful son. My husband and I cannot wait to bring him home with us!"
 




A Note From Mindy:
“I had the honor of meeting sweet baby Isaac, and his mom and dad, this past weekend.   Baby Isaac was born at 33 weeks, weighing in at a tiny 2 lbs. 10 oz.   He has been learning how to bottle feed, is gaining weight and getting stronger every day.  On the day of our photo shoot he was a 3 lb. 8 oz. growing boy.  Despite being so tiny, he was very alert and stayed awake the whole time I was there.  I can’t wait to see how he’s grown at his graduate shoot.  It was a privilege and honor to meet this sweet family and I wish them all the happiness with their little guy.”



Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near Houston, TX.
We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.


No comments:

Post a Comment