Thursday, February 5, 2015

Little Andrew's NICU Grad Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families’ inspirational story & photos. 
Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM

“My little miracle Andrew was born at 27 weeks 6 days via emergency c section due to placenta abruption. He weighted only 1 pound 7 oz and was 33.5 centimeters long. The day he was born I was happy he was alive and at the same time I had mixed emotions. I was devastated, confused, lost, and felt guilt. What had happen? What did I do? I felt no one understood me. My support was my family and all the NICU staff and doctors, which I am thankful every day of my life. My life completely changed from that day forward. NICU life was not easy; it was always a step forward yet sometimes a step backward. At times I felt my little one would not make it after doctors found he had PDA and felt my world coming down on me. There were days his machine would go off losing all vital signs and it’s a feeling hard to explain how I felt. I felt a piece of me being taken away as I could not hold him. He was so tiny so fragile I was only allowed to touch him through his incubator. My only choice was to trust in God and hold on to hope, and faith. A month later they had to close his PDA. I started seeing light as my baby was more stabled. The first time I was able to carry him was on Feb. 14, 2014 for 30 minutes only but It was worth it and was the happiest day of my life. As days, weeks and months passed he was doing better and making progress. Even though he would go a step back he always managed to keep going forward. Then the day came he beat the odds and after 4 months in NICU he finally got off his oxygen and all the other machines. He was finally able to come home on May 10th for Mother’s Day. NICU journey is not easy but worth it. There is light at the end of the tunnel. God works in mysterious ways☺”





A Note From Erin:

“It is such a privilege to be welcome into someone's home and get a glimpse into their lives. It is also my favorite place to photograph because it is the place people, especially children, are their most authentic. Baby Angel was no exception. This little one was a micro-preemie under 2 pounds at birth. Today he is a thriving 1 year old. Angel is full of smiles, fueled by the love of his mom and grandma. Those two women adore him! I am so glad I had a chance to meet them and document all the growth, love, hopes and dreams residing in this family.”








Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near Los Angeles, CA


We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.

No comments:

Post a Comment