Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Landon's NICU Grad Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families’ inspirational story & photos. 
Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
“Landon made his entrance into this world on Sept. 10, 2014, at 6:21pm, weighing in 6 lbs. 3 oz., 19 inches long. He was born 5 weeks early due to me having high blood pressure.

I went in for a consultation with the diabetes consult since I had gestational diabetes. They admitted me to the labor and delivery unit that day, since my blood pressure had been high for a couple days. Being told I was going to have the baby that day was the scariest and happiest feeling I have ever felt. I started crying right away when the doctor told me I was having my baby that day. I wasn't ready yet, is what I kept saying. I had a few complications during my labor and ended up having to get a C-section. After being in labor for 24 hours, I finally got to see my baby boy. I didn't get to hold him right away since he was immediately brought to the NICU. He had jaundice and eating issues while there which is why we couldn't take him home. The jaundice only lasted a few days and seeing him under the blue light with his little sunglasses they put over his eyes was heartbreaking. His eating was the part that was frustrating the most. He would eat but was just a little pokey and they wanted him to finish it all within 20-30 minutes. It was frustrating because we just wanted to bring him home already. We knew he was eating the amount he was supposed to just not in the time frame they wanted. It was so hard seeing your baby spend the first days of his life around unfamiliar voices and people. I went up there 3 times a day to feed him and hold him so he knew that I was always going to be there and was never alone. The last night he was there we had to board in and it was kind of scary knowing I wasn't going to have the professional help at home in case I didn't know what to do. I made sure to ask a lot of questions and was doing everything right. The next morning when we were loading in the car was bittersweet. I was so happy to be taking our son home and spending quality time with him in our own environment. Overall, I loved my time in the hospital and the doctors and nurses that took care of my son. I will never forget the experience and am so thankful for everything!
My baby boy will turn 1 soon and is a smart, healthy, and independent little boy who loves Micky Mouse Clubhouse. He also just started walking this week. I'm so happy to be his Mommy and we love him to pieces!"





A Note From Mindy:
“Check out this sweet boy!  Landon was born 5 weeks premature and spent 2 weeks in the NICU with some jaundice and eating issues.  But he is now a healthy, happy, sweet boy who has his first birthday this month.  Landon was so happy during our photo shoot and was up for just about anything.  It was so much fun being a part of such a special milestone in his life.  A true blessing that comes from these photo shoots is meeting new families and it was such a joy to meet Landon and his sweet Momma, Shannon.”




Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near Houston, TX.


We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of my son! Thanks preemie prints for sharing and Mindy for taking Landon's pictures!

    ReplyDelete