Thursday, September 10, 2015

George's NICU Grad Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families’ inspirational story & photos. 
Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
“I was diagnosed with preeclampsia at 33 weeks pregnant. I went to see a high-risk doctor and little did I know they were going to send me to the hospital immediately after my appointment. I was told that along with the preeclampsia, my baby boy was very small and my placenta was not functioning correctly. I checked myself into the hospital (which was also an hour away from home) with no personal belongings with me, since this was completely unexpected. I received a steroid shot after arrival, another one the next day, and was supposed to deliver on the third day. After having an ultrasound that morning, a different high-risk doctor decided to hold off. He said even though I had really low fluid, they were going to try to wait it out. That night my blood pressure got up to 200/110, and my liver and blood platelet numbers were way too high. I was being moved back to labor and delivery to have the baby. A few hours later, our baby entered this worked via an emergency c-section weighing in at 3lbs.

Our baby spent 22 days in the NICU. The pain I experienced before labor and afterwards was nothing compared to the pain I felt leaving my baby at the hospital each night, sleeping in a different room away from him. Being a NICU parent was one of the hardest things I have ever went through, but I made it through and I am a much stronger person now. I love my little baby so very much and I admire any parent who musters up the strength each day while their baby is being taken care of by the amazing NICU staff. If you are reading this and are spending time away from your baby; it will get better. It isn't fair that you have to be away from your baby, but just know that they are much better off being taken care of by the NICU staff, and it will make you a much stronger person.”





A Note From Jenny:

“Really enjoyed working with his family to capture some precious memories for them. George is blessed to have such wonderful parents that love him so very much. And of course they are just as blessed to have this sweet little bundle of joy in their lives. It was a wonderful experience getting to know this family and spending time with them. So much love in this family! George's dad, Chris, is a local police officer. It makes a world of a difference knowing that someone like him is out there protecting our streets. I'm certain that George will one day follow in his father's footsteps. I appreciate the opportunity from both Preemie Prints and this family to capture these moments that will hopefully last a lifetime.”





Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near McMinnville, TN.


We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.

No comments:

Post a Comment