Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Preemie's Story - Baby Hunter

We love to share preemie, NICU, & angel stories with our readers! Reading stories written by other NICU parents is therapeutic for current parents, past parents still coping, and also for the writer. It is a wonderful way to release emotions and to have your story continue to make a difference in the lives of others for years to come. We're happy to share stories like these, so if it's something you think you may want to do please use the contact button on the right of the page or leave us a message on facebook. 

Baby Hunter's Preemie Story:

I'm a type 1 diabetic, since I was 9. We had our daughter in May 2011, 39 weeks being induced at 6 lbs 15 oz. We found out the summer of 2012 we were expecting again, and it was boy -  we were so excited! This pregnancy was a lot harder and more complicated than the first. I had felt sick all Sunday, Monday I had my regular OB check up along with my high risk check up, didn't make it to either. I was so sick and started throwing up, felt as if I had to go to the bathroom and push, got scared and told my husband I had to go to the hospital, his mom picked me up so he could stay with our daughter. We showed up at the hospital at 1:30 pm on Monday, and I was 4cm! I had been in labor all weekend apparently!

Hunter Aaron was born at 34 weeks and 4 days at 3:43pm on February 11, 2013. I got ready to push but his heart wasn't having it. I ended up with an emergency c-section. Both of his adrenal glands were hemorrhaging, along with a blood clot in his left arterial vein. He was on oxygen and a feeding tube. His blood clot passed after two weeks. He was in the NICU for exactly one month! As of today he is almost 7 months (5 1/2 corrected) and is healthy and happy! He is the happiest baby I have ever seen and his sister just loves being a big sister!



You are precious baby Hunter!

No comments:

Post a Comment