Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Darling Dawson's NICU Grad Photo Shoot

Please enjoy our inspirational photos and consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. Our programs include an online support group, the gift of photography, group events and meetings, information, and email support. Our mission is to connect parents and let them know they are not alone. We thank our supporters, volunteers, and donors for allowing us to touch the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families. 

We pray these special memories will help the parents to remember how strong they were in overcoming a crisis situation.

A note from Mom:
"I was scheduled to have a C-Section on July 10th, but went in for my 36 week appointment and my blood pressure was elevated. I figured my doctor would continue to monitor me knowing that I was a nurse and that she trusted my judgement and send me home on what was supposed to be bed rest... But I didn't expect her to say that I would be having a baby next week. I was re-scheduled for a C-Section at 37 weeks exactly and Dawson was born at 7:46am on June 25th. He was a big boy even at three weeks early. He weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces and was 21 inches long. I briefly got tot see Dawson when he was born, but shortly after that my husband carried him into the nursery where he only stayed for a few hours before being transferred to the NICU. Dawson had Respiratory Distress Syndrome. He started off on oxygen, but soon after had to be put on the ventilator. He was on a ventilator for about 4 days, and when he was ready for it to be taken out, he nearly pulled the tube out himself! He stayed on oxygen for another three days and battled his bilirubin being high. At one week old he was ready to be home! Dawson came home July 2nd...just in time to pop fireworks! :-)"

Volunteer Photographer:
A note from Larry:
"I drove to Dawson's house in Franklin for the shoot to try and keep his routine as normal as possible. Dawson's mom, dad and older brother were very helpful before, during and after the photo session. Dawson was born at 37 weeks and was in the NICU on a vent for several days. He was 8 weeks old at the shoot, an age at which a lot of babies would rather not "pose" for extended periods, but not Dawson! He slept soundly the whole time and allowed us to move him several times without waking up, or even acting like we were bother him! This family was just awesome to work with and as you can see from the pictures, Dawson's older brother, Andan,  LOVES him very much. These two will have lots of fun together as Dawson gets older!"



The bible verse Dawson rests upon:
 "For this boy I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him. So I have also dedicated him to the LORD; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the LORD."
1 Samuael 1:27-28






No comments:

Post a Comment