Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Emery's NICU Grad Session in Cincinnati, OH

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families inspirational story & photos. Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.

We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
"Emery May was born at 31 weeks gestation on November 4th due to me having pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome. She was beautiful and weighed 2 pounds 15 ounces at birth. The hardest part of it all was that I couldn't see Emery for the first two days after she was born because I was still recovering. After the first two days I held my baby girl for the first time. My heart instantly melted. I was overwhelmed with feelings of love and feelings of guilt. She had to be delivered early because my liver was failing. My first act as a mother towards my baby was endangering her because my body wouldn't cooperate. It was an awful feeling, but as the days went by I saw how well she was doing. After one day they took her off of the CPAP, after two days they turned off her oxygen. Another two days and they removed her nasal cannula. She was taking my breast milk through a tube that goes from her nose to her tummy and she was gaining weight! My pre-eclampsia had cause inter-uterine growth restriction. My placenta wasn't delivering all of the nutrition to Emery that she needed. In retrospect, the NICU was probably taking better care of her than my body was. While I was still recovering from pre-eclampsia, liver failure, pancreatitis, high blood pressure and an emergency cesarean, I was unable to drive and couldn't' visit my baby as often as I would have liked to. Thankfully, I was able to call her nurse any time day or night to check on her. Her doctor would also call me every morning with updates on Emery. They were so kind and informative."



Preemie Prints Volunteer Photographer:
Daneane Robinette, Forget-Me-Not Photography - Cincinnati, OH



A note from Daneane-

"It was wonderful meeting Emery! She took her photo session very seriously and was giving me lots of inquisitive looks. It was too cute! But when she was in mom’s arms she was all smiles. It’s a joy to see how far these little ones have come!"







Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near Cincinnati, OH.
We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.

No comments:

Post a Comment