Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Welcome 2 New Photographers!

Please help us give a warm welcome to, not one, but TWO new photographers!

We are thrilled that Larry Field Photography will be joining our Preemie Prints family to help give the gift of photography in Texas.



Service Area: Bryan/College Station, TX

About Larry:
"I am a father of four and grandfather of five, and I've been involved in photography for as long as I can remember. I've been doing photography professionally off and on for a little over 2 years now. Late last year I decided to include newborn photography and have loved doing so. To me, it's an extension of what I do as a father and grandfather, capturing those amazing images of the miracle of a new baby. Being married to a newborn nursery nurse has given me the opportunity to know many NICU nurses, and hear the stories of the babies these nurses care for. I really look forward to the opportunity to work with Preemie Prints and give parents who have babies in the NICU a little ray of sunshine through my photography of their precious baby."



View Larry's past Preemie Prints Sessions


Lisa M Grace Photography has gladly accepted our invitation to join our amazing group of volunteer photographers. Lisa will be helping us carry out our mission in Missouri!



Service Area: Kansas City, MO

About Lisa:

"Why do I want to volunteer with Preemie Prints?

Because no one tries to have a child in the NICU. No one becomes pregnant and hopes that it ends extremely early with a traumatic NICU stay, wonder from one day to the next if your child will make it to the next day. And even if she or he will ever come home. After delivering my daughter at 29 weeks, I developed a passion for preemies and their parents and I feel that if I had to go through that, then maybe I can help someone else currently going through it. Give them the sense of hope that seemed to lack during my journey. The hope that it can and will be ok. That their child can overcome this too. I just want them to know that there are others out there who have been through this too and understand the pain of watching their child grow in an incubator instead of their belly.

My photography background is short. I developed an interest in photography in July of 2012 with the goal of capturing my children as they grew. I wanted to remember their childhood, the emotions it brought. The good and the bad and I wanted to capture if visually. I am entirely self-taught and still learning the art-form. I love to just capture life, the special moments that make up our day. As my skills grew, so did my desire to combine my passion for preemies with my joy for photography."




No comments:

Post a Comment