Monday, October 20, 2014

3 Pound Elijah's Preemie Prints NICU Grad Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families’ inspirational story & photos. 
Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
“My sweet little Elijah is almost 5 months old. After going into labor at 28 weeks and placed on hospital bed-rest Elijah was born on April 10 at 30 weeks weighing 3.9lbs. We went home after a 6 week NICU stay.

He now weighs 14lbs. So exciting to see our little miracles grow to be so big. :)

I remember feeling invincible during my pregnancy. I'm a nurse on a busy adult medical floor and I hardly felt exhausted our tired. Needles to say I may have pushed myself too hard and went into preterm labor at 28 weeks on April 1. At first I honestly thought I was having some mild Braxton hicks. I was at work and decide to stop by the OB office since I was at work at the hospital anyways. That's when I was told by my doc everything would be alright but I'm in labor. I called my hubby and he thought it was a BAD April fools joke. It took some convincing that things were happening and I needed him. I didn't think I’d be such a baby with me being an RN about all the pricks and prodding. I cried the entire time.

Docs were able to hold labor off for 9 days with magnesium and nifedipine until my water broke. I felt strange and I told my doc on rounds at 9 that today I felt different. At 940 my water broke. My little boy was coming breech and I had to have an emergency c section. My little guy was born 3.9 lbs and all I could remember was the incredible soft thin skin they let me touch before he was whisked to the NICU.
Our NICU stay was 6 weeks. I remember crying for 3 weeks straight. This was one of the most trying times I've ever went through. We battled Cpap and nasal cannula so many times. It was great seeing the scale slowly climb up. One day I walked in and didn't even recognize my baby. He grew nice plumpy cheeks overnight.
My baby showed me how invincible he was from the beginning. I like to think GOD blessed us to be preemie moms so that we could see GODs creation unfold in front of us.
Our baby was so strong he gave my husband and I the courage we needed to remain confident in each other and our NICU team.
Thanks for letting me share.
Preemie strong!”





A Note From Stephanie:
“I was so blessed to have been able to capture this amazing family’s images. They are such a great family who love baby Elijah so much. He is such a baby boy and just smiled and talked the whole time.”



Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near Dallas, TX.

We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.

No comments:

Post a Comment