Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Ashtyn's NICU Grad Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families’ inspirational story & photos. 
Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
“My due date was originally October 27th but due to no amniotic fluid left and with her being breech I was scheduled for an emergency c section on October 10th. She then was in the NICU due to premature lungs.
After having 1 miscarriage and 1 ectopic pregnancy due to having health issues. I then found out I was pregnant for the third time. I wasn't so sure I would share this excitement with anyone because I knew my chances of caring a baby to full-term were slim. I felt like I would jinx my pregnancy and have complications. This time the feeling was different, no sickness, no pains, just a perfect pregnancy until my 36 weeks hit and I was told my amniotic fluid was low, my baby girl turned upside down, and her heart rate was low. I soon had an emergency c section. During my procedure my baby girl stopped breathing and was rushed from Unity Hospital to Strong Memorial. She stayed in the NICU for a little while due to her lungs not being fully developed. But hey, she's 100% healthy now. And becoming a mother was the best feeling in the world.”





Ashtyn’s photo session was taken and donated by Preemie Prints volunteer photographer, Jen Sternal-Johnson.


A Note From Jen:
“Ashtyn is an absolute doll who was born at 36 weeks, and had an 8-day stay in the NICU due to breathing difficulty. She's 8 months old now and I cannot get over her. Too cute!”






Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near Rochester, NY.


We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.

No comments:

Post a Comment