Friday, July 19, 2013

Little Renton's NICU Grad Photo Session

Please enjoy our inspirational photos and consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. Our programs include an online support group, the gift of photography, group events and meetings, information, and email support. Our mission is to connect parents and let them know they are not alone. We thank our supporters, volunteers, and donors for allowing us to touch the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families. 

We pray these special memories will help the parents to remember how strong they were in overcoming a crisis situation.

A note from Mom:
"Renton was born at 34 weeks. When I went into the hospital, I was in denial that my water had been broken for about 18 hours. I went to my local small hospital and my doctor said we are calling an ambulance to transfer you to a better place equipped for preemies. And that's when it hit me that my pregnancy was over. I was not going to get a full term baby, I was going to be a mom of a little miracle. I was scared to death that everything would go wrong from there, but also excited to meet my baby. I was in the hospital for 5 days before I was induced. I got 2 rounds of steroids for his lungs and guest what...they worded, because he was born screaming. He was born and went right to the NICU and I went right to recovery. He was able to eat and breath on his own. He had a slight difficulty maintaining his body temperature. He spent 2 days in the NICU and 3 more days as a "boarder" in a regular nursery under heat lamps and then the ultraviolet lights for jaundice."

Volunteer Photographer:
Liz Crans - Buffalo, NY

A note from Liz:
"What a handsome little man! I had such a great time getting to know Renton as well as his parents. They are the sweetest family. What a joy it was to work with them."








No comments:

Post a Comment