Thursday, May 22, 2014

Preemie Prints NICU Photo Shoot: Sweet Gabriel

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families inspirational story & photos. Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families. Read more about our mission at the bottom of this post! 

We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
"Our NICU journey started when I was 19 weeks pregnant and diagnosed with Placenta Percreta. Knowing I would deliver premature because of this condition my husband and I spent hours researching the best hospitals to treat my condition as well as have the best NICU. Our son was born at 33 weeks 2 days when I went into premature labor. It was unexpected. I was to deliver via a scheduled cesarean hysterectomy a week later. Such uncertain, scary times. I was put under general anesthesia and missed my son's first cries. I was put in ICU for 24 hours, at that time I was able to see my son via Family Vision and ask his nurse a ton of questions! Monitors, IV's, CPAP, leads, the noises and people coming and going in his room. Such an overwhelming experience. But soon the fog from my head cleared and my son thrived daily and I was able to hold my small 4lb 12oz son. A week later a volunteer from Preemie Prints came and gave me and my husband such beautiful, everlasting memories. Since I will no longer have children, these times, once understood, can be beautiful and full of experience. I'm thankful to be able to relate to NICU parents. I'm thankful for Preemie Prints who, selflessly, gave me a gift that can never be replaced and most certainly never forgotten. 

Forever grateful, 
Dawn and Roger

Preemie Prints Volunteer Photographer:
Megan Matula - Houston, TX

A note from Megan:

 "I just finished my session with the Barankski family. What a wonderful family! I was a bit nervous for my first Preemie Prints session, but this family was great. The session went wonderfully. Baby Gabriel was a little tired from the staff and nurses working with him before our session, but he was still the perfect little model. I am so happy to be able to capture these memories, but even happier that these photos will soon be just memories for this family. Baby Gabriel should be going home very soon. I am so excited to be a part of such a wonderful organization!"













Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints support programs include NICU photography, preemie photography, and NICU graduate photography. Through this program we give the gift of photography at no charge for a NICU family. Other Preemie Prints support programs include the gift of handmade items, the gift of angel gifts for parent experiencing a loss, group events and meetings, information, and email support. Our mission is to support parents and let them know they are not alone. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families. 

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 75 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 375 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU photo shoot that took place in Houston, TX.
We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.





No comments:

Post a Comment