Thursday, September 4, 2014

Eli and Emma's Preemie Prints NICU Grad Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families inspirational story & photos. Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
“June 28, 2014 started out as a normal day for me. I got up, got dressed, got my kids dressed, dropped them at my mom's house, and headed off to work. At around 4:00 PM, I left work and headed back to my moms house, where she suggested I let the kids sleep over, since I had to be at work early the next morning. So, we visited for a while, ate dinner, I kissed my sweet babies, and headed home. At around 7:30 PM, I started having contractions. I called labor and delivery, and after trying everything they suggested, I decided to go to the hospital. My sister was on her way to pick me up, when I started bleeding. It was a very long 45 minute drive to the hospital, and when we finally got there, I was fully dilated. My doctor informed me that we needed to get them out quickly, as they were swimming in blood, and not amniotic fluid. He worked quickly, and at 12:03 AM, Eli Wayne was born weighing 5 pounds, 7 ounces. Emma Faith followed at 12:05 AM, weighing 4 pounds, 9 ounces. Eli was quickly rushed to the NICU to be put on oxygen (the cord was wrapped around his neck), and I got a brief glimpse of Emma before they took her away to join her brother. It was a long wait, but after receiving two units of blood, and gaining enough strength to maneuver myself into a wheelchair, I was able to see my children.

I would never hope for any baby to be in the NICU. Although I have amazing nurses and doctors looking after my little ones, I can't describe the helplessness I felt as I saw my tiny babies hooked to monitors, oxygen, and being told I couldn't hold them. However, there is a blessing in this journey. I have the rare opportunity to watch as my children grow and develop, and show me the little fighters they are. Some days are a real struggle, and it seems we will never leave the NICU. Other days, they make incredible strides, and show me that they won't give up. I am beyond blessed that God chose me to be Eli and Emma's mother, and He is giving me this opportunity to witness a miracle.”

  


A Note From Larry:
The twins were great for the most part :-)   Eli and Emma traded roles according to the mom, with Eli being wide awake the whole time, but very pleasant and happy.  Emma on the other hand was pretty fussy when she was awake, a complete reversal of how they normally are!  But we made it work and got some great shots.  It was really cute when shooting them together, how many times they would interlock arms or almost "hold hands" at times.






Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near College Station, TX.
We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.


No comments:

Post a Comment