Monday, February 2, 2015

Luke's NICU Grad Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families’ inspirational story & photos. 
Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
“Baby Luke was born on September 9th at 6:07 pm. He weighed 3 pounds 7 ounces and was 14.5 inches long. This was very unexpected considering he wasn't due until October 17th.... I had gone to my ultrasound and fetal stress test that afternoon. The few days prior to that, I hadn't been feeling him move as much as he had. I informed the doctor (who had not one, but two medical students with him. He was explaining things to them as far as the ultrasound was concerned when he abruptly excused himself and the two students. I am a nurse so I know that is never a good thing. He came back into the exam room and asked, " how would you feel about delivering today?" I was very hesitant, but there was no answer but yes if it would determine if Luke would survive. I called my husband Michael, and began to pray everything turned out all right. Now we have this precious miracle from God that we could not be happier and prouder of!

After the cesarean, they took Luke straight back to the NICU. I got to only take about a minute look at him, but I knew he was a little fighter. I think the hardest part at that time was waiting to see him again and know without a doubt he was all right. I was moved from recovery to my room at almost 8 pm and got to officially hold him then. He had IVs, oxygen monitors, and heart monitors connected to him and I wasn't allowed to feed him yet, but the NICU staff at Scott and White were awesome. They all answered my questions with confidence and compassion. He was supposed to be in the NICU for 3-4 weeks since he was born at 34 weeks and was so small, but my little guy showed progress above what they expected him to. He was born on September 9th, and was discharged September 19th. I know it's because of the staff loving and caring for my baby boy that he was able to leave.”





A Note From Jessica:

 "I really enjoyed this session! What a miracle this sweet baby is!"





Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near Moody, TX.


We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.



No comments:

Post a Comment