Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Twins! Mackenzie & Adalyn's NICU Grad Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families’ inspirational story & photos. 
Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM

“We found out on 5-13-15 at 24 weeks that my cervix had completely gone away and I was 3 centimeters dilated . It was a very scary day. I was moved from my routine ultrasound appointment to triage, given a catheter, fluids, and given steroids to help the babies lungs develop. I was then transported from Unity Hospital to Strong Memorial hospital by ambulance to be monitored. After being monitored for the rest of the day they determined that I was not in labor and I was admitted to the hospital on bed rest. They told me that I may have to stay in the hospital until I reached 28 weeks gestational due to the risk of premature labor. Then on day 10 our world flipped upside down. I started having contractions at about 8pm after some earlier lighter ones that the Dr‘s thought were Braxton hicks. Finally, at about 1am the Dr. came in to check on me and I was rushed to the operating room for an emergency C-section at 25 weeks and 6 days. Our girls were born at 2:23am, we were able to hear them crying all the way from the other room. I could hardly see them as a team of doctors and nurses rushed by me to the NICU. Mackenzie Grace was born at 2 pounds.  Due to her small size and need for breathing assistance I was not able to hold her until she was 18 days old. She was in the hospital for 123 days until she came home at 8 lbs 13oz. Adalyn Mae was born at 1 pound 9 oz. She had a very rough road and we almost lost her a few times.  I had to wait 57 days until she was stable enough to hold her for the first time. Each time I held her she would squeeze my figures like she knew I was her mommy.  She was able to come home from the hospital after 157 days at 9lbs 6oz.  Both girls still have some medical needs but each day they get bigger and stronger.  They are truly miracle babies and we are blessed to have them.”





This photo session was taken and donated by Preemie Prints volunteer photographer, Jen Sternal-Johnson.
A Note From Jen:

"Adalyn and Mackenzie were born at 25 weeks, and had a long, difficult NICU stay.  I'm so happy to see them home--and now they are 1! So glad to be able to meet this family and I wish them all the best."



Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near Rochester, NY.


We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.

No comments:

Post a Comment