Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Preemie Prints NICU Graduate Shoot: Ransom & Sadie


Please enjoy these gorgeous inspirational photos of two tiny NICU fighters and consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. This mother explains so beautifully why our work is important. Our online support group, gift of photography, meetings, information, and email support, empowers parents in the NICU. We thank our supporters and donors for allowing us to touch the lives of NICU families through our many support programs. If you've thought about donating we are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization so your gift is tax deductible. 

A note from mom: 
"I have a daughter named Sadie who was born at 28wks she weighed 2lbs and spent almost 3 months in the NICU. She was born April 14th 2011 and although she has flourished in so many ways the signs of prematurity are stil there. I also have a son named Ransom who was also born 12 weeks early at 28 wks weighing 2lbs 9oz.With two micro preemies born less than a year apart you can believe that I thank God everyday for the blessings hes given me and also for the kindess people like you show for people who are in my situation, all I really seek is a small sense of being "normal" and when I see pictures of my two beautiful loves I only see normal.

The NICU stay with my daughter was a roller coaster of feelings. I was new to being a mom of a preemie and new to the NICU scene. I felt like it was a fog of never ending feelings, not knowing was what hurt the most, it made the days seem longer. After three months of ups and downs I finally got to bring my beauty home. Recently being back in the NICU with my son I was able to have more support. After I brought my daughter home I reached out to where I knew I would find support, the INTERNET. Being able to talk to parents that have been thru the NICU experince and have graduated was a wonderful thing. I felt as if they were actually sitting right along with me to help me thru it all. I was able to reach out on the days that I felt was not going so good when he had a "down day" I had the support I needed and I also had the support to help celebrate all the milestones he reached. To be honest I believe that the reason his stay was not as long as hers was because of me, I was a stronger me because of people like you who care about people like me. Thank you."

Volunteer NICU Photographer: Wendy Shears - Hamptonville, NC

A note from Wendy about the NICU graduate shoot:
"I had the pleasure of photographing Ransom and Sadie. They are doing so well that I was able to photograph them in the studio. Ransom was a bundle of joy and very good. Sadie is so beautiful and precious. The family had a crazy time getting to my studio due to a flat tire. But what was amazing was they never seemed bothered by it. They have been through so much that the little things didn't bother them. A great lesson. I had a great time with the family and I can't wait to share this experience with others."

We thank our volunteer for doing such an amazing job for this family as they continue to face a difficult road ahead. These images are property of Preemie Prints, our volunteer photographers, and our families. Please do not use for any purpose

1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous babies! Wow, what a trooper this mom is- two micropreemies within a year! Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete