Friday, October 11, 2013

A NICU Grad Photo Shoot Times 4!

Please enjoy our inspirational photos and consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. Our programs include an online support group, the gift of photography, group events and meetings, information, and email support. Our mission is to connect parents and let them know they are not alone. We thank our supporters, volunteers, and donors for allowing us to touch the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families. 

We pray these special memories will help the parents to remember how strong they were in overcoming a crisis situation.

A note from Mom:

“Our NICU journey I would have to say would be the most difficult things I have ever experienced.. I delivered at 25 weeks 5 days due to seizures from having a typical eclampsia and was getting to much toxins from having so many placentas. I didn't get to see the babies till 24 hours after I delivered since I had to be on magnesium to make sure I would go into another seizure. I remember first seeing them all I could do was cry its was so heartbreaking to see such tiny little babies behind a glass and not even be able to touch them. Earlier that Sat morning a doctor from the NICU came into our hospital room and told us that we needed to come since Lily Rae was having trouble bleeding. They tried to bring her too but she was starting to hemorrhage in her brain and lungs. About a hour later I held our Baby Girl B and watch her take her last breath. Losing her scared us so much we were afraid what might happen to our other babies. Its was hard to grieve and also be strong for the rest of the precious babies we had.. During the course of our stay with the boys we battled pneumonia and infections. One also had trouble retaining water.. On memorial day we were finally able to bring home John and William (with a monitor and oxygen). Colton had trouble feeding due to extreme reflux and tongue trimmer, but we finally got him home 3 weeks later. Just this past Thursday 9/5/13 we was able to bring our other baby girl Ryleigh home.. At 2 weeks old she had NEC and a 3rd of her small intestines and her main valve to her intestines had to be removed. She had a colostomy page till she hit 4 lbs so she could get her reinastamosis. After she was reconnected she battle MRSA and also had Osteopenia due to being on TPN for so long. After finally recovering from that she started having trouble digesting certain formula and we found out, that due to the short gut syndrome she had trouble absorbing fats. On 8/29 she had her gtube placed and was able to come home.”

Volunteer Photographer:
 Tammy Nott - High Springs, FL

A note from Tammy:
"The Pates are a sweet, sweet family and I enjoyed the time spent with them. What precious blessings these 4 babies are! I just wanted to stay and play with them. It was my pleasure to be able to help capture some memories with them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment