Thursday, March 27, 2014

Welcome Norfolk, VA Preemie Prints Photography Volunteer, Katherine!

Please help us welcome volunteer Preemie Prints volunteer photographer, Katherine! Katherine will be helping give the gift of photography to preemie and NICU families in Norfolk, VA!! 

Glimpse In Time

Service Area: Norfolk, VA
Hospitals: Norfold General, Bon Seccours DePaul Medical Center, Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters, Naval Medical Center Portsmouths

About Katherine:
"I've always loved photography and I'll be starting school at the Art Institute of Virginia Beach in April. I recently had my little girl who was born at 33 weeks in January. I understand the stress of having a child in the NICU and I wanted to give back to other families going through this. I look forward working with the families and their babies."


"I just wanted to share with you a few pictures of Layla, my daughter.  I also wanted to send you a picture of me since I figured it would be best so people would have a face to my name. These pictures were taken with my cell phone at the time.  It baffles me why I didn't bring my camera with me every time I went to visit Layla in the NICU. I'm so excited I'm going to be able to do this for other mothers and families. It killed me having to leave her there every night and not bring her home with me.  It was always the pictures that would help bring my mind at ease and help me sleep at night."





No comments:

Post a Comment