Monday, April 14, 2014

Welcome Preemie Prints Photography Volunteer, Minvi!

Please help us welcome volunteer photographer, Minvi! Minvi will be helping give the gift of photography to preemie and NICU families in Texas!! 

Minvi Duncan Photography

Service Area: Allen, TX
Hospitals: Presbyterian Hospital (Allen), Medical Center of Plano, Medical Cernter of McKinney, Centennial Hospital, Baylor Hospital (Plano/Frisco)

About Minvi:
"I am a visual artist who enjoys promoting art education by volunteering in our city and schools. About two years ago, I traded my paints and brushes and set out to pursue what was once a “hobby” more seriously. Photography has given me my life’s purpose. Through a couple of current Facebook photo blogs: FACES of A-Town and The PixElation Project, I am able to share my creativity with our community. FACES of A-Town is a page dedicated to visual narratives of common people I encounter day to day. Inspired by the now famous, Humans of New York page, FACES features photo stories of everyday random encounters with people in our City of Allen, TX. Some stories are inspiring, some quirky and funny, others informative, and maybe even extraordinary. The PixElation Project is a community-giving endeavor with the vision of bringing happiness back to people through pictures! Our first project was with the Samaritan Inn in McKinney, TX where we provided a photo session to the families and gifted each one with photo prints and CDs this past holiday season. A couple of projects are also in the works through our partnership with Help-Portrait.
It still amazes me everyday how a seemingly simple act of taking one’s picture can have quite an impact on someone, especially a total stranger. That the image you are able to capture in that brief moment of time can convey a powerful message and touch one’s heart. I love creating these photo stories over and over again and be able to lift up someone’s spirit especially at times when they need it most. It nurtures my soul just the same to see the spark in their eyes when I look into the lens to take the shot. It’s instantaneous, thought provoking, and many a times, inspiring – helping renew the hope and joy people sometimes feel they may have lost in their lives. This is why I chose to be part of Preemie Prints.

I am very honored to be selected as one of your volunteer photographers and look forward to working with your organization."

No comments:

Post a Comment