Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Chase and Tucker's NICU Session

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families’ inspirational story & photos.
Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.
We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints
will help families heal and remember how strong
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.


A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM CHASE AND TUCKER'S FAMILY
I had always planned on my twins being at Strong Hospital. I just didn't know it would be so soon: 27 weeks. I thought I would have had a perfect pregnancy and my twins would have been the perfect weight and height. I ended up going to Thompson hospital at 3am with what I thought was Braxton Hicks contractions.. Little did I know I was 4cm dilated and my baby boy Tucker was trying to get out. I ended up having an emergency c-section 20 minutes later when my doctor arrived. I thought the boys would be here before Strong's NICU arrived. I was so scared and so worried; it was every mothers worst fear and it happened in a blink of an eye. Then my doctor started to make the cut, accessed my uterus, and as that was happening Strong's NICU transportation team scrubbed in just in time. There were 8 people per child; my room was packed. Then they pulled little Tucker out and 2 minutes later Chase. Chase came out kicking and screaming. Then I waited what seemed like forever to hear Tucker. Finally, he screamed and I cried with joy knowing everything was going to be OK. As this happened my doctor sang Happy Birthday to each boy and everyone joined in. It was the most memorable experience of my life. When I was in recovery I was told they would bring in my twins, but I probably couldn't touch them. They brought the boys in with the incubators open. They told me I could touch them and it made me so happy. I got a minute with each of them, then they went off to Strong Memorial Hospital without me. Broke my heart and that was the longest 36 hours of my life. Thompson tried everything in their power to get me to Strong. Then they just released me early. I've been at Strong everyday since. I'm so glad they saved my boys and I'm so happy to be a new mommy. I still have a long way to go, but I'm thankful for this place and for my two little boys.




Chase and Tucker's photo session was taken and donated by Preemie Prints volunteer photographer, Jennifer Sternal-Johnson.



A Note From Jen:
As a twin preemie mom myself, I treasure the first photos that we were able to take with all of us together, at about 1 month old. Tucker and Chase are 27 week preemies and I was lucky enough to share that moment with their family.





Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families,
and organization --  please do not use for any purpose.
____________________________________________
Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request form can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 500 NICU family sessions.
This was a Preemie Prints NICU photography session that took place near Rochester NY.
We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.



No comments:

Post a Comment