Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Preemie's Story - Baby James

We love to share preemie, NICU, & angel stories with our readers! Reading stories written by other NICU parents is therapeutic for current parents, past parents still coping, and also for the writer. It is a wonderful way to release emotions and to have your story continue to make a difference in the lives of others for years to come. We're happy to share stories like these, so if it's something you think you may want to do please use the contact button on the right of the page or leave us a message on facebook. 

Baby James' Preemie Story:

"My pregnancy started out tough with James and only got worse as I got further along, all because I got high blood pressure at the start. They had it under control until about the 6th month. My doctor took me out of work and I ended up going into the hospital on July 8th; even then my blood pressure continued to get worse and preeclampsia started setting in. It was starting to affect my liver and kidneys so I ended up having to have an emergency c-section on July 19th - at just 26 weeks gestation weighing 1 pound 8 ounces. That was pretty scary, I must say. My blood pressure has returned to normal, and despite his early entry into this world, my little boy contuines to thrive everyday. I am so greatful to all the doctors and nurses in NICU that are still continuing to take care of him." ~Mom








No comments:

Post a Comment