Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Baby Jesse's NICU Session in Indianapolis, IN

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families inspirational story & photos. Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.



We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.


A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM

"I was so happy when I found out I was pregnant. We found out we were having another boy at 12 weeks along. I took every precaution I could to ensure I would not have another preemie. I quit drinking pop almost completely and I started moderate bed rest at 15 weeks. On May 28th I had a positive FFN (Fetal Fibronectin) test. I started almost complete bed rest. 3 days later I woke up and had server pressure and was leaking a little fluid. My belly had also dropped. I went to labor and delivery and was told I was not in labor. I asked for steroid shots to help Jesse's lungs. They said no and sent me home at 1:30. At 11:30 my water fully broke and I drove myself to the hospital. Jesse was born at 1:24 am. I had a dry birth. It was very painfull for both of us. Jesse was black from head to toe. He had been in my pelvic area all day. His head and right arm stayed black for 2 weeks from lack of oxygen and bruising. It took 6 1/2 weeks to get him off of the vent. He did great for 16 days. Then the RNs stuck him 5 times for 1 IV. It wore him out and he started head bobbing and chest retractions. He was working harder to breath. They wanted to reintubate him right away. I ask if they would just give him steroids. And a chance. They said no. Then they started trying to intubate him. They tried for about an hour and could not. So they called in someone else to try and they could not. So they decided to trach him immediately. The surgery took 3 hours. Overall it went okay. Now he's on a trach with the vent. He will need surgery on his tongue around October. It should take away the need for the trach. The tounge surgery will also help him be able to talk when its time. We are consulting with a surgeon currently. Jesse is diagnosed with suspected Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome. His right leg is bigger then his left. His tongue protrudes from his mouth. He has a higher risk of cancers also."

Preemie Prints Volunteer Photographer:
Lacy Clagg, Indianapolis, IN





A note from Lacy:
I had such a pleasure capturing these precious moments of the Fischer family. Mom, Grandma, Big Brother, and I just stood around talking about how strong, beautiful, and adorable baby Jesse is. You can tell right off he is a fighter. Even just days after a Tracheotomy procedure he was all smiles. He grasped mommy's finger and grinned so big it caused all of us to laugh including the nurses. It was such a joy meeting Jessica and her boys.


Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near Indianapolis, IN.
We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.



No comments:

Post a Comment