After a few inquiries about a virtual run option we are opening the door & inviting Preemie Prints supporters across Texas & the nation to join in The Little Monsters 5K For A Cause! Here's how our virtual 5K will work:
1. Form a team for the 5K or register as an individual
2. . RSVP to the Little Monsters 5K facebook event (if your not on facebook no worries! Pictures will be posted on the website too!!)
3. Register via Active
4. If you formed a team, we'll create a webpage for your team to share with friends and family (see a sample here). Just email your team name, pictures, and about section to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Schedule your race day/time & plan your 5K route!
6. Your team walks/runs/or strolls the required distance on your own time at your own place (we'd love for you to schedule your virtual walk/run on October 26th (day of the home run event) but anytime in October is great!
4. You report back to us with your time, and pictures.
5. Once your time & pictures are posted we will mail all virtual team members a t-shirt! One group photo plaque will be sent out to the team captain! (After October 27th)
We hope to "see" you at the race & sincerely thank you for your support. Without participants & supporters our organization cannot exist, so you truly are making a different in the lives of many preemie, NICU, and angel parents by participating in this fun event. In addition you are raising awareness and getting your family & friends involved in a great cause!
This is an October 5K costume virtual run or walk. The event is being held on October 26, 2013 anywhere you choose! Participants are invited to dress up for this fun run for a cause and also encouraged to form teams, make T-shirts in honor or memory of their baby, and make signs/posters.
12 and under run/walk/ride for free!
This event is being held in support of and to raise awareness for those families who've had a baby born prematurely or critically ill and have had to spend any amount of time in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). In addition this run/walk supports community angel families (those who've had a pregnancy or infant loss). October is Pregnancy and Infant loss awareness month and together we celebrate the lives of many angels. Preemie Prints has a mission to support preemie, NICU, and angel families through a variety of outreach programs across the nation. Learn more about our programs here. All proceeds help us to continue our mission and help more NICU families.